Thursday 7 November 2013

Hei Bloggen!

I'm the Trainee for this trip, my name is Niri Tveita and I'm from Norway.

I've been asked to write the blog for today, and another one at the end of this trip.


When I got an email from the expedition team, telling me that I've got a trainee spot on the MV Fram I was extremely happy. Sailing on a boat in the south sea! Awesome!


I was very excited. I started packing 2 weeks before, and terrorized Karin, one of our Expedition Leaders, with emails about what to bring. Now I've been here for 5 days and the strongest feeling is how lucky I am to be here.


There has only been sea days, but I'm enjoying it a lot. I can't wait to arrive at the Falklands and from there on! I feel very welcome be on the expedition team and I like working with them. 



Today we tested boot sizes, a lot of boots were flying around on deck 2 and 3 but I think everyone had a god time. The boots we need when out on snow, mud and penguin droppings..! 


The weather today has been very nice, just like the last days. But, we are soon entering colder waters and the the air temperature will also fall. We are getting more and more south as you read this! 



Northern Giant Petrel